FloorNZ undertook a major restructuring exercise in 2015 which resulted in the National Flooring Association (NFA) being wound up and a new constitution being registered for the New Zealand Flooring Training Organisation (NZFTO trading as FloorNZ). As part of this process all current NFA members become FloorNZ members from 31 December 2015. As part of the restructuring process the FloorNZ Board agreed to a change in the membership fees. The current tiered membership system has received criticism and does not reflect the current situation in the flooring industry, therefore the following changes have been made:
- Removal of the tiered membership fee system.
- Introduction of a flat membership fee of $300 + GST per member. If a member has more than one store and wishes each store to receive membership benefits then each store would need to become a member.
- Introduction of a monthly instalment option of $45 per month over 8 months paid by direct debit.
- Removal of the current membership category system and replacement with 3 new industry sectors of:
- Distributors, importers and manufacturers (including related professional associations)
- Retailers (including commercial)
- Installers (including related professional associations, floor sanding, resin coating and substrate preparation).
Your membership fee entitles you to the following services:
- Special prices for FloorNZ Industry Training Seminars and Events available on the website.
- Window Transfers for your vehicle or office.
- FloorNZ discount card which you can use to get discounts on many items at 14 participating retailers.
- Special prices for FloorNZ publications available on the website.
- Discounts on continuing professional development training events available on the website.
- Free legal service for advice and guidance on any personal or business legal matters (The Assistance Company).
- Discount on your SiteSafe fees (when you apply you need to quote you are a FloorNZ member).
- Access to discounted insurance cover (Rothbury Insurance).
- Access to discounted ACC brokerage advice (Manage Company)
- Access to discounted fuel prices with Mobil.
In 2016 we intend to expand the range of services we will be offering members and will keep you regularly informed on the projects we will be undertaking which include:
- Development of Health and Safety information and systems designed to meet the requirements of the new Act.
- Development of a Licensed Flooring Practitioner system for experienced installers.
- Development of a consistent set of industry standards for commonly used products.
- Development of pre-apprenticeship training to encourage new entrants to the industry.
- Post-apprenticeship training for experienced people working in the industry covering:
- Business skills
- Advanced technical skills
- New products and processes
- Refresher training.
Our updated website at www.floornz.org.nz will enable you to advertise any new products or services at a reduced cost and be listed on the interactive map enabling potential customers to find you at the click of their mouse. The website will also include news items of interest to the industry on a regular basis.
If you have any ideas for increased member services or comments on the website please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To become a member:
If you would like to become a member of FloorNZ please download this Membership Form, complete and either scan and email to email@example.com or post to PO Box 20319, Bishopdale, Christchurch, 8543.